Interference with an Emergency Telephone Call Over 18 Years of Experience. Over 1,000 Cases Dismissed.

Interference with an Emergency Telephone Call

Trying to Prevent a 911 Call Is Illegal

Interfering with a 911 phone call is a very serious matter in the state of Texas. If someone is trying to call the police, such as to complain of family violence, it is against the law to prevent him or her from doing so. At the Law Office of John L. Venza Jr., I am a former criminal prosecutor and have the unique knowledge required to protect your rights in the courtroom. If you have been accused of attempting to prevent another person from calling the police for reasons of domestic violence or for any other cause, do not hesitate to contact me for a confidential consultation to discuss the situation.


Interference with an emergency telephone call can include knowingly preventing another from placing a call to the police or destroying a telephone that someone may have used to place an emergency call.

The penalties for this charge can be severe and include:

  • Up to a year in jail
  • Monetary fines up to $4,000
  • Loss of the right to own firearms

In addition to the penalties included in your sentence, you would end up with a criminal record that could follow you for years and make it difficult - or impossible - to find suitable employment.

Defending You Against Family Violence Charges

Claims of interference with an emergency phone call can be made when a person who feels threatened and attempts to make a 911 call is also made to feel that another person is doing something to prevent him or her from contacting emergency services. There are many things the prosecution must prove in order to successfully bring this charge against you. The D.A. must demonstrate that you were uttering threats, such as threatening to cause physical harm or to otherwise place the alleged victim in danger. My goal in fighting charges of this type is to find weaknesses in the prosecutor's case, such as by challenging the credibility of the victim or arguing that there is insufficient evidence to prove your guilt.

Even if this is not possible, I can still seek to negotiate a favorable plea bargain by using my connections as a former prosecutor to secure a fair deal for you. Contact my firm today.

Recent Case Results

  • State v. TG Case NO BILLED by Grand Jury
  • State v. TL DISMISSED
  • State v. VK DISMISSED
  • State v. WD DISMISSED
  • State v. ZP DISMISSED
  • State v. AA DISMISSED
  • State v. AE DISMISSED
  • State v. AL DISMISSED
Get Your Case Dismissed

Developing the right strategy and using my connections in the legal community, I will do my best to get your case dismissed so you can move on with your life. 

Don't Leave Your Future To Chance

4 Reasons to Choose Me
  • Available

    I make myself readily available to answer your questions and hear your concerns.

  • Committed

    I am committed to my clients, providing a comprehensive and aggressive defense.

  • Extensive Record of Success

    My firm has an extensive track record of success in criminal cases.

  • Experience

    I have five years of experience as a prosecutor for the State of Texas and over ten years of exclusive experience in criminal defense.

The Time to Act is Now

Schedule a Free Consultation
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.