Law Office of John L. Venza Jr. Probation Violations

Probation Violations

Fighting to Keep You Free

Sometimes people need more than just a second chance. If the state of Texas is trying to revoke your probation, you deserve a lawyer who has handled hundreds of cases just like yours and who knows what to do to keep you from going to jail or prison.

When the state of Texas files a motion to revoke probation (also called a motion to revoke community supervision) or a motion to adjudicate guilt in a deferred adjudication case, and your judge signs that motion, a warrant will be issued for your arrest. You may or may not be entitled to bail, depending on your case. Provided that you do bond out, you should know that by going on probation or deferred adjudication, you have waived several rights, including your right to a trial by jury.

As a former assistant district attorney for the state of Texas, I have dealt with countless probation cases and probation officers. I know what they are really interested in, and oftentimes it is simply your money, not your liberty. If you hire me to represent you in your probation violation case, rest assured that I will personally deal with your probation officer and will fight to persuade him or her to allow you to remain on probation. If they will not agree, I will go over their heads to the D.A. and, if necessary, to the judge. You are a person with constitutional rights; I know that, even if your probation officer may have forgotten.


Not an Automatic Jail or Prison Sentence

Many clients worry that when a motion to revoke has been filed, they are going down for the maximum sentence. My experience has shown that to be almost invariably not the case. I know the right arguments to make to the D.A., your probation officer, and to your judge. Many times keeping you out of jail or prison is simply a matter of getting caught up with your fees, paying your fine, and otherwise becoming current on the technical violations that have been alleged against you. It might be a matter of taking a class, having some community service added, or even extending your probation. Each case is unique, but know that if there is a way to keep you from being revoked, I will figure it out and fight for that result relentlessly.

Early Termination of Probation

In certain cases, you may be eligible to have your probation, community supervision, or deferred adjudication terminated after only one-third the length of probation you originally were ordered to serve. My knowledge of the law and experience in criminal practice enable me to determine whether you are a likely candidate for early termination. If so, I will carefully craft the legal motions necessary to get you off probation or deferred adjudication and back to your normal life. I serve clients in Sugar Land and the rest of Fort Bend County.

If you are in need of a criminal defense attorney that can help you with your probation, contact my firm today.

Recent Case Results

Get Your Case Dismissed

Developing the right strategy and using my connections in the legal community, I will do my best to get your case dismissed so you can move on with your life.

Continue Reading Read Less

  • Truth Be Told: A Deeper Look into False Claims
    • Criminal Defense,  
    • Criminal Law
    Read Blog
    women sitting on couch
  • Probation Violation and Rehab
    • Criminal Law
    Read Blog
    drug test
  • Medical Marijuana and Field Sobriety Tests: A Complete Guide
    • DUI,  
    • DWI
    Read Blog
    marijuana drugs
  • Can Harmful Words be Considered Assault?
    • Assault
    Read Blog
    Man yelling at woman hands up
  • Is Self-Defense Considered Assault?
    • Assault
    Read Blog
    woman spraying man
  • Understanding Assault Charges
    • Assault
    Read Blog
    shadow about to fight